If you’re looking to start your movie review blog, then this post is for you. I will walk you through everything about how to start a movie review blog, from what type of content you should be posting on your site, how to create an attractive and professional-looking website, and even where to find the best places to submit your reviews.
- What Type Of Content Should You Be Posting?
- How Do You Create An Attractive And Professional-Looking Website?
- How To Start a Movie Review Blog
Let me know in the comments below if you have any questions about starting a movie review blog or if there are other topics that you would like covered in future posts.
What Type Of Content Should You Be Posting?
When it comes to writing about movies, there are two main types of content that you can write about: positive and negative.
Positive content includes things such as trailers, interviews with actors/actresses, behind-the-scenes footage, and exclusive photos.
Negative content includes things like bad reviews, box office numbers, and negative news stories.
The key thing to remember when choosing which type of content to focus on is that you want to provide value to readers by giving them something they didn’t already know.
If you only ever write about negative content, then you’ll end up being seen as someone who just wants to bash movies. This isn’t going to help you build credibility as a reviewer.
On the other hand, if you only ever write about positive content, then you won’t be able to talk about anything that could potentially affect the success of upcoming movies.
For example, if you don’t cover any news stories about a new movie before its release date, then people might not see your review because they assume that you haven’t seen the film yet.
So, how do you decide whether to write about positive or negative content? Here are some guidelines to follow:
- Write about both positive and negative content.
- Focus more on positive than negative.
- Don’t get too caught up in the hype surrounding a particular movie.
- Try to avoid getting into arguments with other reviewers.
- Avoid using swear words.
- Keep your tone friendly and non-confrontational.
- Stay away from controversial subjects.
- Make sure your content is well researched.
- Use proper grammar and spelling.
- Always make sure that your content is original.
How Do You Create An Attractive And Professional-Looking Website?
Now that we’ve gone over what kind of content you should be writing about, let’s take a look at how you can create an attractive and professional website.
You’ll need to choose good web hosting. I recommend Bluehost for the best performance and customer service.
Next, you’ll need to install WordPress. It’s free with Bluehost and easy to use. You would also need a domain name for your website but don’t worry when you buy hosting from Bluehost, you also get a domain name for your website, ABSOLUTELY FREE.
After installing WordPress, you’ll need to register a username and password so that you can log in to your dashboard.
The most important part of creating a website is making sure that you choose a good theme that looks great on all devices.
You get many premium themes with Bluehost for free.
Finally, you’ll need to add pages to your site. Click on Add New under Pages again. Choose a page template and fill out the information for the page. Once you’re done, click Save Changes.
Sounds simple, isn’t it?
Let’s get into the details now.
How To Start a Movie Review Blog
Movie blogs provide reviews of movies. A movie review is usually written by a critic or reviewer. They give their opinion about a movie based on their personal experience.
Reviews are usually published online and are used by potential customers to find movies they may enjoy.
There are different types of movie reviews. These include:
- Critic reviews – these are written by critics. Critics have been trained to write reviews. Their job is to evaluate films based on certain criteria. Some examples of this include:
- Is the story interesting?
- Does the acting hold up?
- Are there any special effects?
- Is the soundtrack enjoyable?
- User reviews – these are written based on user experiences. Users are given a chance to share their opinions about a movie. This type of review is usually posted on social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Fan reviews – these are written for fans. Fans have had a chance to watch the movie first. After watching it, they have an opportunity to provide feedback.
- Trailers – trailers are short videos that are released by studios. They show clips from the movie.
- Podcasts – podcasts are similar to radio shows. They feature interviews with actors and directors.
- News articles – these are written by journalists who report on current events. They often focus on entertainment news reporting.
- Interviews – these are conducted by interviewers. They ask questions to people involved in the production of the movie.
Before you jump into starting movie blogs, there are a few things to keep in mind.
Let’s get into the details.
Start with a Plan
The first step in starting a movie review blog is planning ahead. Before you even think about getting started, make sure you have a plan.
What do you want your blog to be like? How will you attract readers? Who will you target?
Think about the audience you want to reach. Will you only publish positive reviews? Or will you post negative ones too?
If you decide to post both positive and negative reviews, you’ll need to set some rules. For example, if you post a negative review, you might want to wait 7 days before publishing another one.
It’s not always necessary to have a plan. However, having a plan helps you stay organized and focused. If you don’t have a plan, you could end up doing something half-baked.
Set Up Your Site
Now that you know what kind of blog you want to create, it’s time to build your website. There are many ways to go about building a website.
Write About The Movies You Love
You should start out writing about the movies you love. It can be hard to come up with topics to write about. But once you figure out what you’re passionate about, it becomes easier.
For example, I’m interested in science fiction. So when I write my blog, I cover sci-fi movies.
I also like horror movies. So I use those as inspiration for my posts.
Make Sure You Have A Good Headline
Your headline is important. It needs to grab attention right away. When someone visits your site, they need to understand what your site is all about.
A good headline tells them exactly what they’re going to find inside. Writing a good headline isn’t easy. It takes practice. But once you nail it down, you’ll see results.
Use Keywords That Are Easy To Search
When you’re writing your headlines, try using keywords that are easy to search. This means making sure your keywords appear at least twice throughout your article.
Once you’ve done that, you can add more keywords.
Keep In Mind SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. This refers to how well your content ranks on Google. SEO is especially important if you want to rank high on Google searches.
Create Great Content
Great content is key to attracting traffic. So make sure you spend plenty of time creating great content.
Here are some tips to help you write better content.
- Focus On Quality Over Quantity
- Quality over quantity is an old saying that still holds true today.
- Don’t worry about posting every day or every week. Just focus on producing quality content.
- Don’t Be Afraid Of Negative Reviews
- Many people are afraid of posting negative reviews. They feel like their opinions won’t matter. However, this couldn’t be further from the truth.
- People read reviews because they want to learn more about a film review or their favorite actors. They want to know whether or not it’s worth watching. And they want to hear different perspectives.
- Posting negative reviews doesn’t mean you hate the movie or the movie industry. It just means you didn’t enjoy it. And that’s okay.
- Have fun with your movie critic blog.
- Try to keep things lighthearted. People who visit your site will appreciate this.
- Also, remember to respond to comments. These interactions give visitors a sense of community. That makes them want to return to your site again and again.
If you follow these steps, you’ll soon see results.
Build a Community of Movie Lovers
Building a community of movie lovers is one of the best ways to attract new readers.
This means getting involved in online communities. For instance, you could join Facebook groups dedicated to specific genres. Or you could join Twitter chats where fans discuss their favorite films.
Once you have a solid base of followers, you can invite them to comment on your blog. This will bring new visitors to your site.
These strategies will help you get started with your movie review blog as a movie blogger.
Promote Your Site
One way to promote your website is by sharing it on social media sites. You should also share it on forums and message boards.
You can also use paid advertising such as AdWords or Bing Ads.
When you buy hosting from Bluehost, you get $100 free ad credits for Google AdWords and $100 free ad credits for Bing Ads.
You can use those credits to advertise your website.
The more exposure you get, the higher your chances of being discovered by potential viewers who would continue to revisit your blog over time.
Writing a movie review blog is easier than you think. All you need is a computer and internet access.
With that said, many factors determine how successful your blog will be.
So take your time and do your research. Then you’ll be able to create a blog that attracts thousands of viewers.
Don’t Forget to Add Value
Your audience wants to know what value they’re going to receive when they visit your blog.
That’s why you should always provide valuable information.
For example, if you’re reviewing movies, you shouldn’t only post links to trailers. Instead, you should include detailed descriptions of each movie.
And don’t forget to add links to other websites that offer additional information about movies.
Include videos, photos, and interviews. The more you add, the more interesting your blog becomes.
Make Sure to Include Links
Links are important to any blog. Without them, no one would ever find your site.
But most bloggers overlook this simple fact. They simply link to other blogs without adding anything else.
However, this approach isn’t very effective.
Instead, make sure to include a description of the page you’re linking to. Also, include a short paragraph explaining why someone might want to click through to the linked page.
Doing so will increase the likelihood that people will click through to your blog.
As a movie blogger, you must keep up with current trends. If not, you risk losing out on traffic.
To stay relevant, you need to regularly update your content.
For example, you may want to write reviews based on recent releases. And you may want to focus on popular topics.
Or perhaps you’d like to write about the latest celebrity scandals. Whatever topic you choose, just make sure it remains fresh.
Also, you should try to avoid writing too much at once. It’s better to publish several articles per week instead of publishing dozens every day.
It takes time to build an audience. So don’t rush things. Take your time, and you’ll eventually succeed.
Starting a movie review blog isn’t hard, but it does require some work. You’ll need to find a topic you’re passionate about within the movie blog niche, create great content, build up a following, and promote your site.
As you can see, starting a movie review blog is relatively simple. All you need is a computer and a reliable internet connection.
You don’t even need any special skills. If you do decide to take the plunge, however, there are a few things you should consider before doing so.
First, you’ll need to choose a niche. This is something that you’ll need to think about carefully.
You’ll also need to create a unique style. Don’t copy other sites. Instead, use your own voice.
Finally, you’ll need to build up a following. This is essential if you want to succeed.
So, now that you understand all the details about how to start a movie review blog, why wait? Get started right away.