In this article, I will be sharing with you the best way how to start a blog in India and how do you get started.
- How to Start a Blog in India – Step Wise Guide
- Why to Start a Blog in India?
- What are Some of the Pros of Starting a Blog in India?
- How to Get Started With a Free Domain Name
- How to Set Up a Hosting Account
- How to Choose a Theme
- How to Write Content
- What Type Of Content Should Be Written On A Blog?
- How to Create a Unique Brand Identity For Your Blog
- How to Get Traffic to Your Blog
- How To Promote Your Blog
- How to Make Money From A Blog?
- How do I Sell Products on My Blog?
- How Long Does It Take to Make Money From a Blog?
- How To Grow An Audience For Your Blog
- Tools to Use When Starting a Blog
- Frequently Asked Questions About How to Start a Blog in India
If you are an Indian blogger or thinking of starting one, then read on for some helpful tips.
How to Start a Blog in India – Step Wise Guide
I am sure that most of us have heard about blogging before but we don’t know what it is all about.
It can be a very useful tool if used properly. But like any other new thing, it has its own set of rules and regulations which need to be followed.
So, here are some basic guidelines that you should keep in mind when you want to start a blog:
- Choose a niche – This is probably the first step that you need to take. You must decide what kind of content you want to write about. Do you want to write about fashion? Or do you want to write about health? Or maybe you want to write about cooking? These are just some examples of niches that you could choose from. The more specific you are, the better.
- Write regularly – Once you have chosen a topic, you need to make sure that you write at least once a week. Don’t worry if you miss a few days. Just pick up where you left off last time. In fact, writing every day would not work because people would get bored of reading the same things over and over again.
- Make it interesting – A good blog needs to be interesting. People love to read something that they find interesting. So try to come up with ideas that are unique. For example, if you are planning to write about fashion, then you could talk about trends or even about different brands.
- Be original – When you are writing about a particular subject, you need to make certain that you are being original. Don’t copy someone else’s post. Instead, create your own post and make it as unique as possible.
- Have a plan – Before you actually publish anything, you need to have a plan. What exactly do you want to achieve by publishing a post? Is there a target audience that you want to reach out to? Are you trying to increase traffic? All these questions need to be answered before you actually go ahead and publish your post.
- Promote your posts – Now that you have written a few posts, it is important to promote them. There are many ways to do so. One of the easiest ways is through social media. Share your posts on Facebook and Twitter. Also share them on Google Plus, LinkedIn, Tumblr etc.
- Get feedback – After you have published a few posts, you need to get feedback. Ask your friends and family members whether they liked your post or not. They will give you valuable feedback and help you improve.
- Stay consistent – Finally, you need to stay consistent. Don’t change your style of writing too often. Stick to your regular posting schedule.
- Build relationships – As mentioned earlier, building relationships is another important aspect of blogging. Posting quality content will only bring you success if you are able to build a relationship with your readers. Try to interact with them and reply to their comments.
- Learn SEO – Search engine optimization (SEO) is another essential part of blogging. Without proper SEO, no matter how great your content is, nobody will ever visit your site. So learn SEO and use it wisely.
- Keep improving – Finally, keep improving yourself. Always try to be better than you were yesterday. Read books, listen to podcasts and watch videos related to your niche. If you keep doing this, you will definitely see improvement in your skills.
- Earn money – At the end of the day, all businesses aim to earn profit. But most importantly, they want to earn enough to cover their expenses. So if you really want to succeed, you should focus on earning money instead of making money.
- Make sure it’s fun – The last thing you want to do when starting a new business is to work hard. In fact, working hard is the worst thing you can do because it will take away all the joy from what you are doing. So make sure that you enjoy every moment of your blogging journey.
Now since you understand the basics of starting the blog in India, let’s get into the details.
Before we continue, let me make one important thing clear at this point you need very good web hosting if you would like to see your blog growing and start earning money for yourself.
I recommend Bluehost because they are the best in the market at present. Bluehost is a reasonably priced, very affordable web hosting provider, and let me tell you one secret, Bluehost provides SEO tools that boost your website for more traffic and more earning in return.
So, to take advantage, let us stick to Bluehost for blogging.
There are numerous advantages that you are going to get from Bluehost but to name a few, they provide you a free domain name for your website to start your blogging carrier, they will give you drag & drop site builder that will help you make your website ready in no time, they will also provide you Quick-Start AI-Powered Templates, just imagine, you get the power of Artificial Intelligence that no other hosting offers.
Bluehost provides “Automatic Site Optimization” so you don’t have to worry about optimizing your website for better results.
Not only that, but they also provide you with “Free Speed Boosting CDN” that helps in improving the speed of your website even further.
And now the most important thing that sets them apart from all other competitors, is Bluehost SEO Tools for free for a month.
That will give you enough time to optimize your site to gain more visitors by using their SEO tools.
All of these benefits you can get at a dirt-cheap price.
Now since we have decided about the best hosting for our Indian blog, let’s move on to the details of each step that you are going to follow to be successful and earn money from your blog.
But before that let me motivate you a little bit so that you get pumped up and start your blogging journey successfully.
Why to Start a Blog in India?
India has a huge population of over 1.3 billion people. This means there is a lot of potential customers who are looking for products or services online.
If you are not aware of this fact then I am sorry to say that you are missing out big time.
You might think that there are many bloggers already running their blogs in India and therefore you cannot compete with them.
Well, that is far from true. Millions of Indians are still unaware of the internet and its possibilities.
And as long as they remain uneducated and unaware of the opportunities provided by the internet, you can easily become their first customer.
You may ask why should you bother to start a blog in India? Well, here are some reasons:
- If you are an entrepreneur, blogger, freelancer, small business owner, etc., you can use your blog to promote your product or service.
- It is easy to find a niche in which you can write about. For example, if you want to start a food blog, you can simply search for recipes, cooking tips, healthy recipes, etc.
- In India, it is quite common to buy things online. So, if you sell something online, you can put up a shop on your blog and sell your products directly through your blog.
- The Indian economy is growing rapidly. As per the World Bank, India’s GDP growth was 7.5% in 2017. This means that there is a good chance for you to grow your business.
- According to the latest report published by Google, India is one of the fastest growing countries when it comes to internet usage.
- Since the government is encouraging entrepreneurship, starting a blog is relatively easier than starting any other business.
- Your blog can generate passive income. Once you build a reputation for yourself, you can charge anywhere between $10-$100 per post depending upon how much effort you put into writing the content.
- You can monetize your blog without having to pay anything extra. All you need is a simple plugin called AdSense.
- You can reach out to a large number of audience at once. With a blog, you can target multiple audiences like students, professionals, businessmen, women, housewives, etc.
- The cost of setting up a website is very low compared to other countries.
- Starting a blog in India is not only affordable but also less risky than doing the same in the US, UK, Australia, Canada, etc.
- Finally, if you are planning to make money through affiliate marketing, you can do that too.
What are Some of the Pros of Starting a Blog in India?
Here are some pros of starting a blog in India:
- Low Cost – Setting up a website in India is comparatively cheaper than most other countries.
- Easy to Find Niche – You don’t have to be tech savvy to set up a blog. Just pick a topic that interests you and start blogging.
- Good Traffic Potential – Most of the people in India are using smartphones and tablets. Therefore, it is possible to get a decent amount of traffic even if you are just targeting local markets.
- High Reachability – A blog can help you connect with a wide range of people across different geographical locations.
- Less Risky – Compared to other countries, starting a blog in India is relatively safer. There aren’t many laws against bloggers. Also, since the government encourages entrepreneurship, starting a blog isn’t as risky as it is in other countries.
- Passive Income – Unlike other businesses where you have to work hard to earn money, a blog allows you to earn money passively. Once you build a name for yourself, you can easily charge anywhere between $10 -$100 per article depending upon how much time you spend on writing them.
- Target Multiple Audiences – Since you can target different types of audiences like students, professionals and entrepreneurs, you can choose what type of articles you will write based on their needs.
- No Need for Tech Support – Since you won’t have to worry about maintaining servers or updating plugins, you can focus more on creating quality content.
- Flexible Work Schedule – If you want to work from home, then starting a blog is an ideal option. It doesn’t require you to go to an office every day.
- Affordable – Compared to other countries like the US, UK, and Australia, starting a blog in Mumbai is comparatively inexpensive.
- More Opportunities – While it may seem difficult to find a job in the US, in India, there are plenty of opportunities available for bloggers.
So, these are some of the benefits of starting a blog in India. Now let us see why so many Indian bloggers are making millions by running profitable blogs.
Why Are So Many Indians Running Successful Blogs?
Let me tell you why so many successful Indian bloggers are running profitable blogs.
- They are Passionate About Writing – As I mentioned earlier, one of the reasons why Indians love reading books is because they know that they can read whatever book they want whenever they want. Similarly, when it comes to blogging, we all want to share our thoughts and ideas with others. This makes us passionate about writing.
- They Love Technology – Another reason why Indians love technology is because we grew up learning computers and mobile phones. We have been exposed to technology since childhood.
- They Have Excellent English Skills – In order to run a successful blog, you need to have excellent English skills. The best way to learn English is through writing.
- They Know How To Market Their Content – When it comes to marketing, most of us are not good at it. However, if you are able to market your content well, you can make a lot of money.
- They Know How To Connect With People – One of the best ways to generate leads and sales is through social media platforms. But, before you jump into this, you should first understand how to use social media platforms effectively.
- They Understand Customer Needs – When it comes to customer service, most companies fail miserably. However, if you understand the needs of your customers, you can provide them with great services.
- They Can Write Well – Even though you might be a beginner writer, if you can write well, you can easily make money online as long as you have a niche that people are willing to pay for.
- They Are Good At Researching – Most of us don’t do enough research before we start something new. But, if you are able study properly, you can easily get started.
- They Have Great Ideas – Like any other business, you need to come up with innovative ideas. For example, if you are planning to sell products online, you need to come out with unique products that people would love to buy.
- They Have A Clear Goal – Before you start anything, you must clearly define what you want to achieve. Once you have defined your goal, you will be able to focus on achieving it.
Now, since you understood why to start a blog in India and what are the benefits of starting one, let’s jump directly into how you can start one for yourself.
How to Get Started With a Free Domain Name
You just need to buy the hosting from a reputed company. My recommendation is Bluehost. Bluehost provides you with a free domain to launch your website.
You can also choose between .com or .in domain extensions. If you are looking for an alternative, then you can always go for the .in domain name.
Since you are starting a blog in India, you can select the .in domain. If you plan to target a global audience to your blog then go for a .com domain name.
How to Set Up a Hosting Account
Once you have bought the hosting account, you need to install WordPress on it.
Bluehost provides you a one-click WordPress installation option so all you need to do is just click “Install WordPress” and you are done.
Now, let’s move on to the next step.
How to Choose a Theme
The theme plays a very important role in making your blog look professional. There are many themes available on the internet but you need to pick one which suits your blog.
Here are some tips to help you find the right theme:
- Look for a theme which has loads of features. This means that it should have lots of options like customizing colors, fonts, layout etc.
- Check whether the theme is compatible with all major browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer.
- Make sure that the theme does not require too much technical knowledge to set up.
- Always check whether the theme is SEO friendly.
- It is recommended to purchase a premium theme rather than using free themes. Premium themes usually cost more but they offer better support and customization.
- Keep in mind that choosing a good theme is only half the battle won. The other half is writing quality content. So, make sure that you write high-quality articles on your blog.
Let’s talk about content writing in detail to make it easy for you to understand everything.
How to Write Content
Writing content for your blog is probably the most challenging part. I know this because when I first started blogging, I was struggling to write content.
I used to struggle with writing every day. I had no idea where to begin. I didn’t even know what kind of topics to cover.
I kept thinking about my previous blogs and tried to replicate them. However, nothing worked.
So, here are a few things that helped me overcome this problem:
- Read other bloggers’ posts. Reading other blogger’s post will give you inspiration and motivation to write.
- Find a topic that interests you. Sometimes, you may feel bored while reading others’ posts. In that case, try finding topics that interest you.
- Don’t worry if you don’t know how to start a blog in India. Just keep practicing until you get the hang of it.
- Remember that there is no shortcut to success.
- Try to write at least 500 words per day. Writing less than 500 words makes it difficult for people to read your post.
- When you are stuck with a particular subject, ask yourself why you want to write about it? What value would it add to your readers?
- After you finish writing, proofread your article. Proofreading helps you identify grammatical errors and typos.
- Once you are confident enough, publish your article.
- Finally, share your post on social media sites. Sharing your post on social media can increase traffic to your site.
- If you still face problems then contact an expert or hire someone who knows how to write well.
- You can also join forums and communities related to your niche and ask questions regarding your topic.
- Use Google search to find relevant information.
- Ask your friends and family members for feedback. They might be able to provide you with useful advice.
- Join online groups and participate in discussions.
- Finally, practice makes perfect.
You now have a basic understanding of how to write content. Hopefully, these steps will help you create a successful blog now.
Now, let’s understand what type of content you should be writing on your blog that attracts visitors to your blog.
What Type Of Content Should Be Written On A Blog?
Two types of content attract visitors to your blog:
- Informative content
- Entertaining content
Informative content includes details about various subjects like history, science, technology, health, business, etc.
Entertaining content includes stories, jokes, quotes, images, videos, infographics, etc.
If you write informative content, your audience will learn something new from your post. This will encourage them to visit your blog again and again.
On the other hand, if you write entertaining content, your audience will enjoy reading your post. This will motivate them to visit your blog.
Here are some examples of informative and entertaining content:
Informative content Examples:
- How to Make Money Online
- How To Get Rid of Acne Fast
- The Best Way to Lose Weight
- How to Build Muscle Mass
- How To Become Successful
Entertaining content Examples:
- Funny Jokes
- Tips & Tricks
Once you come up with ideas for both informative and entertaining content, you need to decide which one you should focus on first.
For example, if you want to make money online, you should start by creating informative content.
People will not pay attention to your blog unless they know what it is all about.
However, once you gain popularity, you can switch over to entertaining content.
At this point, you will earn more money because your audience will spend more time on your website.
So, choose the best topic for your blog depending upon your target audience.
How to Create a Unique Brand Identity For Your Blog
A brand identity is important for any company or individual. It helps people identify your services/products easily.
Similarly, a unique brand identity is very necessary for your blog as well. Here are some tips to create a unique brand identity for your blog:
1. Choose a name for your blog that reflects your personality.
- Don’t use generic names such as “Best Blog” or “Lifestyle Blog”. These kinds of blogs don’t convey anything specific about your blog.
- Try to avoid using words that are too long.
- Avoid using numbers at the end of your blog title.
- Keep your blog title short.
- Include keywords in your blog title so that it appears when users search for similar blogs.
- Use a catchy tagline to describe your blog.
- Use a logo for your blog.
- Add a favicon (a small icon used in web browsers) to your site.
- Add an image to your homepage.
- Write a description for each page of your blog.
- Include links to social media profiles in your blog.
- Link back to your own profile on social media sites.
- Promote your blog on social media sites. If possible, try to get featured on popular websites.
- Share interesting articles related to your niche on social media sites. This will increase traffic to your blog.
- Post regularly on social media sites. Sharing useful information will keep your followers engaged.
2. Be consistent with your blogging style.
The most important thing about a blog is consistency. Consistency means writing posts consistently every day.
If you miss a single day, your readers won’t be able to trust you anymore. They will think that you have stopped posting altogether.
This might even lead to losing visitors who may never return. So, always try to write a post every day.
3. Always add value to your readers.
People read blogs for different reasons. Some read them to find inspiration while others read them to learn something new.
You must ensure that you provide valuable information to your readers. You can do this by adding videos, infographics, images, etc.
4. Provide quality content.
Quality content attracts readers. Quality content also increases the chances of getting published on other websites.
Therefore, you should always strive to produce high-quality content. To achieve this, you should follow these steps:
- Read books on your topic.
- Research topics thoroughly before starting a blog.
- Take notes during your research process.
- Conduct thorough keyword searches.
- Make sure that you include relevant keywords in your blog posts.
- Read other blogs written by experts in your field.
- Join groups related to your niche.
5. Focus on SEO.
Search engine optimization is essential for driving organic traffic to your blog. Therefore, you should invest time and effort into optimizing your blog.
Here are some tips to optimize your blog:
- Create a website map.
- Optimize your photos.
- Optimize all pages of your blog.
6. Build relationships with influencers.
Influencer marketing is one of the best ways to drive more traffic to your blog. Influencers are people who have large audiences.
They share their knowledge through their blogs, podcasts, YouTube channels, etc.
To build relationships with influencers, you need to connect with them first. You can do this through commenting on their blog posts, sharing their content on social media, following them on social media, etc.
7. Use social media platforms effectively.
Social media is one of the best tools available to promote your blog. It helps you reach out to potential customers.
Social media allows you to interact directly with your audience.
It provides an opportunity to create brand awareness among your target audience.
8. Offer freebies.
Offering free samples or giveaways is another great way to attract visitors to your blog.
Freebies help you gain credibility as well as generate interest from your audience.
9. Get listed on search engines.
Getting listed on search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc. is essential for increasing your visibility online.
10. Add a contact form.
Adding a contact form to your blog makes it easier for your readers to send you messages.
Contact forms allow you to collect emails from your readers.
How to Get Traffic to Your Blog
Traffic is what drives business growth. If you want to grow your business, then you need to increase the number of visitors coming to your site.
There are many methods to get traffic to your blog. Here are some of the most effective ones:
1. Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing is one of the most popular methods of generating traffic.
This involves using various social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.
2. Guest Posting
Guest posting is another method of gaining traffic.
By writing guest posts on other sites, you can easily increase the number of visits to your blog.
3. Link Building
Link building is another effective strategy for achieving higher rankings.
The key to link building is to make sure that your links are high quality.
4. Email List Building
Email list building is a powerful tool for promoting your blog.
You can use email lists to promote your products and services.
5. Content Promotion
Content promotion is another effective way to increase traffic to your blog.
The key to content promotion is to write interesting and useful content.
6. Landing Page Creation
Landing page creation is another effective technique of attracting visitors to your site.
A landing page is a web page designed specifically to convert leads into sales.
7. Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Search engine optimization is another effective method of getting traffic to your blog. This includes things like creating a website map, optimizing your site for keywords, etc.
8. Paid Advertising
Paid advertising is also an effective way of driving traffic to your blog. There are many paid advertising options available.
These include banner ads, sponsored posts, text ads, etc.
9. Referral Programs
Referral programs are another effective method of getting more traffic to your site.
They involve giving away prizes or rewards to people who refer others to your site.
10. SEO Tools
SEO tools are used by bloggers to optimize their websites. These include things like keyword research, backlinks analysis, etc.
11. Website Design
Website design is another important part of blogging.
If your website looks unprofessional, then no one will visit it.
How To Promote Your Blog
Promoting your blog is one of the most important parts of running a successful blog.
Here are some tips to help you promote your blog effectively:
1. Create a Good Headline
Your headline should be catchy and attention-grabbing. It should also contain keywords related to your niche.
2. Write Interesting Posts
Writing good content is essential for growing your audience.
Try to keep your posts short and sweet.
3. Include Images
Images add visual appeal to your posts. They also improve the readability of your post.
4. Use Tags
Use tags when you create new posts.
Tags are keywords that describe your post.
5. Interact with Other Bloggers
Interacting with other bloggers helps build relationships.
This increases the chances of them linking to your site.
6. Comment on Others’ Posts
Commenting on other blogs gives you opportunities to interact with readers.
It also encourages other bloggers to comment on yours.
7. Share Links
Share links from relevant sources.
Do this by sharing links on social networking sites like Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.
8. Join Forums
Joining forums where your target audience hangs out is another great way of promoting your blog.
Join groups that are relevant to your niche.
9. Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing is another effective way of promoting your blog through online communities.
There are several popular social networks including Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
10. Email Marketing
Email marketing is another effective form of promoting your blog. You can use email newsletters to send updates about your blog.
You can also use email campaigns to drive traffic to your site. Here are some examples of email campaigns:
- A welcome email sent to new subscribers.
- An announcement email sent to existing subscribers.
- An offer email sent to current customers.
11. Guest Posting
Guest posting is another effective way of increasing the number of followers on your blog.
You could either do guest posting yourself or hire someone else to do it for you.
12. Online Reputation Management
Online reputation management involves monitoring negative comments posted about your brand on various platforms.
There are many free services available that allow you to monitor such comments.
13. Link Building
Link building is another effective method of promoting your blog. This involves getting links from relevant websites.
14. Content Promotion
Content promotion is a type of link building.
You can write articles and submit them to article directories.
15. Article Submission
Article submission is another effective way of getting more visitors to your site.
Submit your articles to different article directories.
16. Press Release Distribution
Press release distribution is an effective way of promoting your brand.
You can distribute press releases to local newspapers, magazines, radio stations, etc.
17. Social Bookmarking
Social bookmarking is another effective way of driving traffic to your site.
Here are some popular social bookmarking sites:
18. Video Sharing Sites
Video sharing sites include YouTube, Vimeo, Metacafe, etc.
19. Viral Marketing
Viral marketing is another effective way to promote your blog.
You should try using viral marketing techniques to increase the popularity of your blog.
20. RSS Feeds
RSS feeds help you keep track of what’s happening with your blog.
How to Make Money From A Blog?
Blogging is one of the best ways to make money online.
If you have a good idea, you can start a blog and earn money from advertising.
Advertising revenue will be generated when people click on ads displayed on your website.
This process is called pay per click (PPC).
The amount that you get paid depends on how much traffic you generate.
So, if you want to make money from blogging, then you need to create content that attracts lots of visitors.
Once you attract enough visitors, you can monetize your blog by selling advertising space.
Some of the most successful blogs today charge anywhere between $1-$5 per post.
Other than making money from advertising, you can also sell products or services through your blog.
For example, you can sell ebooks, music, software, etc.
Another great way is affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketing allows you to earn commissions by referring customers to certain websites.
These websites offer products or services that you can recommend.
Your job as an affiliate marketer is to refer new customers to those websites.
You will earn a commission every time a customer buys something after following your recommendation/affiliate link.
How do I Sell Products on My Blog?
Selling products on your blog is easy.
All you need to do is find a reliable supplier and negotiate a deal.
To find a reliable supplier, you can look for companies that specialize in selling products to bloggers.
There are many such companies out there.
You just need to choose one that offers quality products at reasonable prices.
After finding a company that sells high-quality products, contact them directly.
Negotiate a deal based on your needs.
Once you have the products ready then you can install the WooCommerce plugin on your blog.
WooCommerce is an open-source WordPress plugin that lets you sell products on your blog.
It works seamlessly with all major payment gateways like PayPal, Stripe, Google Checkout, Amazon Payments, etc.
You don’t need any technical skills to use it.
Even beginners can easily set up their store within minutes.
How Long Does It Take to Make Money From a Blog?
The answer to this question depends on how much time you spend blogging.
If you have a high-traffic blog then you won’t make money overnight.
However, if you start slowly and build up momentum over time then you will be able to make money from your blog within six months.
I was able to earn $1,000 per month from my blog within two years.
So, whether you want to make money from a blog quickly or gradually, there is no right or wrong approach.
What matters most is that you stick to one strategy and work hard at it.
Eventually, your Indian blog will reward you with passive income that would continue to grow as your blog grows.
There are multiple ways to start making money from your blog.
For example, you can sell products through affiliate programs.
Or you can monetize your blog by selling advertising space.
Or you can monetize your blog with Google Adsense. Google Adsense is the most reputable and trusted way to earn real money on a blog on blogger or self-hosted blog.
All it takes to be a successful blogger is to follow these steps that we have discussed in this article.
As long as you stay consistent and focus on growing your blog, you will eventually be rewarded with profits.
How To Grow An Audience For Your Blog
If you’ve been reading my blog for a while, then you know that I’m not the biggest fan of social media. It can be great in some ways, but it has its downsides too.
However, if you want to grow an audience for your blog, you need to learn how to use these tools effectively and efficiently.
You also need to understand what they are capable of doing for you, and what they aren’t.
I’ll talk about each one individually so you can see exactly what they do, and why they’re important. Let’s get started!
Facebook is probably the most popular social media platform today. It’s almost impossible to go anywhere without running into someone using Facebook.
Because of this, Facebook is a great place to promote your brand. However, there’s no guarantee that you’ll succeed.
But if you’re willing to invest the time, Facebook can be extremely effective.
First, you need to create a profile for yourself. This gives potential customers a chance to learn more about you.
Then, you should start interacting with other users. Do this through comments or questions. But don’t forget to interact with everyone.
This helps you build relationships with your audience. And when you have a relationship with your audience, you’re more likely to sell something to them.
This means that you could potentially earn a lot of money from Facebook. But it takes a lot of hard work to reach this level.
This is probably the most popular tool out there right now. Facebook ads allow you to target people based on their interests, age, location, gender, etc.
This means that you can reach more potential customers than ever before. And when you combine Facebook ads with other online marketing strategies like SEO, PPC, email marketing, etc., you can drive traffic to your website.
But don’t just take my word for it. Here are some stats from the last few years:
According to Hubspot, Facebook generated nearly $2 billion in revenue in 2014 alone. That’s a lot of money!
And according to Statista, Facebook users spent $6.8 billion on mobile apps in 2015.
That’s a huge amount of money!
You could potentially make a lot of money if you promote your business on Facebook. But you need to be smart about it.
Here are three things you should never do on Facebook:
Don’t post links to your blog or any other websites. This includes posts that link back to your site.
Don’t spam your friends with advertisements. If you’re going to advertise, make sure you only send messages to your friends who care about you.
Don’t try to trick people into clicking on your ad. Don’t ask them to “like” something first. Or tell them that they’re missing out on something special.
These types of tactics usually end up being very ineffective. Instead, focus on building relationships with your followers and getting them to trust you. When they feel comfortable enough to click on your ads, they’ll be much more likely to buy your product.
Twitter is another powerful platform for promoting your business. Twitter allows you to connect directly with your followers, which makes it easy to build relationships with them.
It also lets you share information quickly and easily. So if you have a new blog post, tweet it out to your followers. They’ll love seeing all of the new content you’re posting!
However, just because you have a large following doesn’t mean that you’ll automatically make a ton of money off of Twitter.
The reason is that many people follow you simply because they find you interesting. They might even follow you because you’re famous.
If this is true of your followers, then you won’t make a ton of money.
Instead, you need to do two things:
- Make sure that you’re sharing useful information. People will start following you if you give them good content.
- Focus on quality over quantity. A single follower isn’t worth as much as 10,000 followers.
So instead of trying to gain thousands of followers at once, focus on growing a small group of loyal followers. Then, you can slowly increase your number of followers until you hit your goal.
Once again, these are just general guidelines. You may want to experiment with different methods to see what works best for you.
LinkedIn is one of the top social media platforms used by professionals. It’s perfect for connecting with people who work in similar industries, so it’s an excellent way to get started.
LinkedIn was originally designed to help businesses network with each other. Nowadays, however, it has become a great place to find jobs and recruit employees.
So if you’re looking to grow your career, LinkedIn is a great option. Just remember that you need to put time and effort into networking on LinkedIn.
You can use it to meet new connections, but you can’t expect to make money from those connections right away.
You need to spend some time building strong relationships before you can expect to make money from them.
Instagram is a photo-sharing app. It’s very popular among young people.
And since it’s primarily focused on images, it’s a great place to market products.
For example, you can take pictures of your product and add text around the edges. Then, you can tag your friends in the picture.
When they view the image, they’ll be able to click on the “like” button. Doing this will let their friends know that they like your product.
If you do this regularly, then you can eventually turn Instagram into a huge marketing tool.
YouTube is a video-sharing website. You can upload videos directly to it. Or you can link to other websites.
Once you’ve uploaded a video, you can start promoting it. To do this, you can comment on other videos.
Or you can leave a link to your channel at the end of the video. When viewers watch your video, they’ll see that link.
If they decide to visit your channel, they’ll have the opportunity to subscribe to it. Subscribing lets you receive notifications whenever anyone watches your videos.
This makes it easier for you to promote your content. Plus, it allows you to connect with your audience.
Tools to Use When Starting a Blog
Now that you understand how to set up a blog, you should have a better idea about where to begin.
But there are still a few tools that you can use when starting a blog. These include Keyword Research Tools, Graphic Designing Tools, Google Search Console, and Google Analytics.
Keyword Research Tools
One of the most important things to consider when setting up a blog is keyword research.
The keywords you choose will determine which posts you write. And they’ll also influence how many visitors you attract.
To figure out which keywords to use, you first need to conduct thorough keyword research. This involves using several online tools.
Here are two of the most common ones:
AdWords is Google’s advertising platform. It enables advertisers to bid on certain keywords.
Then, when someone searches for that keyword, they’ll appear in the results. If they click on your ad, they’ll go to your site.
It’s free to create an account. But you can only pay per click (PPC).
That means that you won’t get paid unless someone clicks on your ads. However, PPC doesn’t cost much. So even if no one clicks on your ads, you can still earn a decent amount of money.
Autocomplete is another search engine optimization (SEO) tool.
It works by analyzing what people type into the search bar. Once it figures out what people are searching for, it gives suggestions.
These suggestions are usually related to the topic that the user searched for. For instance, if someone types “how to make money blogging” then Yahoo Autocomplete might suggest “make money blogging tips”.
You can use these suggestions as keywords. That way, you can focus on writing posts that relate to them.
Graphic Designing Tools
Another thing you may want to consider is graphic design.
A good-looking blog looks more professional than a poorly designed one.
So before you start a blog, you should invest some time learning how to use graphic designing software.
For example, you could learn Photoshop or GIMP. Both programs enable you to edit images.
However, Photoshop has more features. So if you’re serious about becoming a blogger, you should probably learn it.
Google Search Console
Finally, you should check whether your blog is indexed by Google.
If not, then you’ll miss out on potential traffic. To do this, simply open your website in a web browser. Then, enter google.com/webmasters in the address field.
On the next page, scroll down until you see the section titled “Search Console.” Click on that link.
Next, fill in all of the fields. You don’t have to worry about any of the information being private.
Once you’ve completed this step, wait for Google to index your site. After that, you’ll be able to view analytics data from Google.
When you start a blog, it’s always best to keep track of your statistics.
This helps you understand what kind of content performs well and which posts don’t.
In addition, it lets you know if there’s anything wrong with your blog.
There are various ways to measure your success. One of the easiest is through analytics.
When you set up your blog, you should install a plugin like Google Analytics.
This allows you to monitor everything about your blog.
For instance, you can find out how many people visit your site each day.
And you can also discover which pages receive the most traffic.
You can also analyze your bounce rate – i.e., the percentage of users who leave after visiting just one page.
Bounce rates above 80% indicate that visitors aren’t sticking around long enough.
To prevent this, try adding more content.
But if you notice that your bounce rate isn’t improving, then you should think about changing things up.
For example, maybe you need to add more unique articles. Or perhaps you should experiment with different formats.
Frequently Asked Questions About How to Start a Blog in India
Is There Any Risk Involved In Starting a Blog?
Starting a blog is not risk-free. But, starting a blog does not require any special skills. All you need is a computer and internet connection. You don’t even need to know how to code HTML or CSS. I started my first blog without knowing anything about coding. And, I am still making money from my blog today. So, there is absolutely no reason why you shouldn’t start a blog.
Are There Any Technical Skills Required To Start A Blog?
No, all you need is a computer, internet connection and basic knowledge of English. That’s it. It doesn’t matter whether you are a beginner or expert blogger. As long as you follow these steps you will be able to start a successful blog.
When Should You Start Your Blog?
It’s best to start a blog when you have something interesting to say. This means that you need to find out what people are looking for online. Once you have figured out what they want, you can create content around those topics.
How Much Time Will It Take For Me To Earn Money From My Blog?
There is no set timeframe for earning money from a blog. Some bloggers report that they were able to earn $100 per day after just three months. On the other hand, others take longer to generate significant revenue. But, regardless of how long it takes, once you start generating consistent monthly income you will feel great.
Now you know everything about how to start a blog in India and I know that soon India is going to know about a great blogger in you. Read this article carefully, make your plan and execute it. Be consistent and keep earning.
Good luck my friend. 🙂