In this article, we’ll go over how to install stripe files on Bluehost. This will allow you to start processing payments through your website.
First, we’ll create a Stripe account and get our credentials. Then, we’ll go to Bluehost and install the Stripe module. Finally, we’ll configure the module and test it out.
How to install stripe files on Bluehost
- In order to install stripe files on Bluehost, you will need to first create a stripe account.
- Once you have created a stripe account, you will need to create a new Stripe Account and copy your Account ID and Secret Key.
- Next, login to your Bluehost account and click on the “Stripe” icon.
- Paste your Stripe Account ID and Secret Key into the corresponding fields and click on “Create”. You should now see that the Stripe Module is installed successfully.
Install Stripe Files on Bluehost
Now that you’ve created a stripe account and installed the Stripe module, let’s go ahead and install the stripe files onto your site. To do so, navigate to your domain name in the top right corner of your browser. Click on “Settings”, then scroll down until you find “General Settings”.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Advanced Settings”.
- From here, paste your stripe API key into the “API Keys” field.
- When you’re done, click on “Save Changes”.
- Go back to your main dashboard and click on “Site Manager”.
- Under “Modules”, click on “Add New Modules”.
- Select the Stripe Module from the list and click on “Install”.
- After installing the module, you can click on “Test Configuration”.
- If everything has worked correctly, you should be able to view your card details.
- It may take up to 30 minutes for the module to fully load. Once loaded, all you need to do is enter your credit card information and submit.
- Once payment has been processed, you will receive an email with details about your transaction.
- That’s it! You are now ready to process payments through your website.
Install Stripe Connect
If you’d like to use Stripe Connect instead of using Stripe directly, follow these steps:
- Enter your stripe account id and secret key and click on “Login”.
- On the next page, select “Connect”.
- Fill out the form and click on “Continue”.
- Enter your billing address and click on “Next Step”.
- Choose your country and currency and click on “Next step”.
- On the final screen, choose whether or not you want to enable two-factor authentication (TFA).
- Click on “I agree” and complete the registration.
- Your TFA code will be sent to your registered phone number.
- You will also receive a confirmation email.
- You can now log into your Stripe Dashboard and connect your Stripe account to your Bluehost account.
- Follow the instructions above to install the Stripe module and configure it.
How to Install Stripe Connect on Bluehost
Bluehost offers different plans for different purposes. Their plan includes unlimited bandwidth and storage space.
The Plus plan from Bluehost allows you to host multiple domains on one account. This means that you can host more than one blog or website without having to purchase another hosting package.
This plan also comes with additional features such as cPanel, which makes managing your websites easier.
To sign up for this plan at a discounted price, simply visit this link here and click on “Sign Up”.
You’ll have to provide some personal information before signing up.
Once signed up, you can proceed to set up your new account by clicking on “Go to My Account”.
On this page, you’ll see three tabs: Basic Info, Billing & Payments, and Support.
Click on “Billing & Payments” and fill out the details requested.
When you’re finished, click on “Submit Order”.
After submitting the order, you will be redirected to the payment gateway where you can make your first payment.
After making your initial payment, you will be asked to create a password for your account.
This is so that you can access your account at any time.
Once you’ve created your password, you can log in to your account.
From here, you can manage your domain name, add/edit themes, change your site settings, etc.
To download the WordPress plugin, go to the Plugins tab in your control panel.
Scroll down until you find the “WordPress Plugin Directory” section.
In the dropdown menu, select “Upload Plugin”.
A window will pop up asking you to upload the file.
Select the zip file from your computer and then click on “Open”.
A message will appear saying that the plug-in has been successfully installed.
Now that you understand the basics of the Bluehost account and how plugin installation is done, it’s time to get into the installation of the required stripe module.
So, now let’s move on to installing the Stripe module.
Step 1: Log in to your Bluehost dashboard.
Step 2: Go to the Modules section.
Step 3: Scroll down until you find the Stripe Module.
Step 4: Click on “Activate” and wait for the activation to finish.
Step 5: Once activated, click on “View Module Settings”.
Step 6: In the “Module Settings” box, enter your API keys.
Step 7: Save the changes and close the settings window.
Step 8: Now, scroll back to the top of the screen and click on “Stripe Connect”.
Step 9: Enter your billing info and save the changes.
Step 10: A window will open asking you to verify your card.
Step 11: Select the option that says “I understand that my credit card may be charged”.
Step 12: After selecting the option, click on “Next”.
Step 13: Fill in the required fields and click on “Verify Card”.
Step 14: Once verified, click on “Continue”.
Step 15: If all goes well, you should be able to view your Stripe balance.
Step 16: To test whether everything works fine, try adding an item to your cart.
Step 17: When you are done, click on “Cart Summary”.
Step 18: Check if there were no errors.
If everything went smoothly, you can now delete the temporary files.
Step 19: Navigate to the Files tab in your control panel and click on “Delete Files”.
Step 20: Delete the following files:
- wp-content \ plugins\stripe\assets \ js \ vendor\ jquery.validate.unobtrusive.min.js
- wp-content / plugins / stripe / assets / css / style.css
- wp – content / plugins / stripe / css / style _s.css
- wp – content/plugins/stripe/*.js
- wp – content\plugins\stripe/*.js
Step 21: Log out of your account and log back in as administrator.
Step 22: Open your FTP client and navigate to the root directory of your website (where index.php is located).
Step 23: Download the zip file containing the Stripe module using FileZilla or another FTP client.
Step 24: Extract the contents of the zip file into your root directory.
Step 25: Log in to your BlueHost Dashboard.
Step 26: Go to the Module section.
Step 27: Scroll down until you see the Stripe Module. You can also go to the Plugins page and search for it.
Step 28: Click on “Install Now”.
Step 29: Wait for the installation process to complete.
Step 30: Once completed, click on “View Plugin Settings”.
Step 31: In the “Plugin Settings” box, enter the details of your payment processor.
Step 32: Save the changes and click on “Save Changes”.
Step 33: Close the settings window.
Congratulations! Your site is now live with a fully functional Stripe checkout form.
By following the steps in this article, you can easily install stripe files on Bluehost. This will allow you to start accepting payments through Stripe on your website. Be sure to test the installation and make sure everything is working properly before launching your site.
This is how to install stripe files on Bluehost. Thanks for reading.